This week Steph is encouraging us to show some love to blogging. I think we all go through times when we wonder what we’re doing this for; each of the things on this list are what kept me going during my own times of doubt.
1. #SundayYA has to get a special shout out here. I love this twitter chat so much. It’s something I look forward to every week. It introduced me to blogging, the YA book community, readathons. It helped me to find my people.
2. The Community. The YA book blogging community is so welcoming and supportive , has introduced me to lovely people, brilliant books and awesome events, and it is one of my favourite things about being a blogger.
3. Events. Book blogging has introduced me to some amazing events, not only the likes of YALC, YA Shot and NYA Lit Fest, but also some incredible signings and book talks through my local Waterstones that I never would have found out about if I hadn’t started blogging.
4. Books! Obviously books are at the centre of book blogging. Being a blogger has reinvigorated my love of reading, especially YA books, and introduced me to some great reads I might not otherwise have picked up. Being sent proof copies is a huge privilege that I will never tire of.
5. Sharing Book Love. Finally, there are people in my world I can rant and rave about books with, who will join in and do the same.
6. Real Life Friends. I have met some of the best people through book blogging and made some wonderful real life friends, whose friendship I treasure.
What things do you love most about book blogging?