This week Steph is asking us to think about six books we’d like to re-read. I love to re-read old favourites, but haven;t had / made time to do so for such a long time. Here’s six of the books I would most like to re-read. A couple are cheats because they’re series I’d like to re-read rather than individual books. I’m sure Steph is used to me cheating by now.
1. The Thursday Next books by Jasper Fforde. These are some of the funniest and cleverest books I have ever read. They are bookish books for bookish people.
2. Heidi by Johanna Spyri. I don’t know why but I am filled with the need to read this book again. Apparently I want to be abandoned on a mountain with my grandfather and a bunch of goats. Swap the goats for something else (puppies?) and I would love that.
3. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. I am almost finished listening to Prisoner of Azkaban on audiobook with S. He won’t be able to go onto the fourth book (because he’s still too young for that) but I don’t think I can stop after book three. I have started so I shall continue.
4. The Memory Trees by Kali Wallace. I read this one last Christmas when I was in New Zealand and it haunted me. I need to re-read this one to fully appreciate all the nuances of it and enjoy it all over again.
5. His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman. This series is an eternal favourite of mine, and I really want to experience it again now that Book of Dust is out in the world.
6. The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman. I adored this book so much that I read it in one sitting in the early hours of the morning. I’d like to read it again and take my time appreciating it.
What books would you want to re-read?