This week, the Six for Sunday Queen, Steph from A Little But A Lot is challenging us to share six things about our favourite genre. It will come as no surprise to most of you that mine is fantasy. Here are six reasons why:
1. World Building. Fantasy books have brilliant worlds that are so unlike this one, and I love being able to explore those.
2. Maps. Fantasy books come with maps. I love a map in a book.
3. Magic. Fantasy worlds often have some kind of magic system. I live for magic.
4. Dragons. And other magical / mythical creatures. But mostly dragons.
5. Wish fulfilment. In fantasy books I can be a witch, a warrior, a princess, and many other things that I just can’t do in real life.
6. Escapism. Let’s be honest, the real world sucks right now. Fantasy is a way of escaping that and being somewhere more hopeful (unless you;re a character in Westeros).
What is your favourite genre and why do you love it?