This week continues the Kid Lit theme of April with our 2018 Kid Lit Must Reads. 2018 was the year that I started reading, and loving, Middle Grade, most of it recommended to me by our hostess Steph. Here are six of my top picks from the last year:
1. The Storm Keeper’s Island by Catherine Doyle. This is one of the most beautiful books I have ever read, and I cannot wait for the next in this series.
2. The Nowhere Emporium by Ross Mackenzie. Steph made me read this one, and I adored it immediately.
3. Sky Song by Abi Elphinstone. This book is gorgeous. If you haven’t read it yet, you must.
4. Snowglobe by Amy Wilson. I love everything Amy Wilson has written. This was the perfect Christmas read.
5. City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab. This was a brilliantly dark middle grade ghost story and I’m excited to read more MG from Victoria.
6. Sam Wu is not afraid of Sharks by Katie and Kevin Tsang. My little S is obsessed with these books. They’re brilliant for adults and come with approval from a 7 yo.
Do you read Middle Grade? Which Kid Lit books would make it to your 2018 top six?