Today I am shamelessly stealing The Ultimate Book Tag from Amy at Golden Books Girl.
Yes. I suffer from travel sickness in cars generally, so reading is a massive no. This also goes for buses and boats, although reading on trains isn’t an issue.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Sarah Maria Griffin’s. Her style is beautiful and unlike anything I have ever read before.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give three points to defend your answers.
I have read and loved both of these, but if I had to choose one it would (of course) be Harry Potter. My three reasons are: there are more books in the series, Luna Lovegood, and I get to re-experience them all again with S.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what’s in it (besides books…)?
I do not. My books go in my handbag. This usually also has: my purse, headphones, a variety of lip balms, many used train / metro tickets and sweet wrappers.
5. Do you smell your books?
No. No I do not.
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
Either. I really don’t have a preference either way.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
Everyone comments on how crap the writing in Twilight is. I don’t care. I still love it. If I love a book, I don’t care if the writing isn’t considered quality by others. I’m not that snobby about my reading tastes.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Not especially. Although apparently I used to have the ability to read in the middle of the living room whilst my two youngest siblings crawled all over me, and would still not put the book down.
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Not counting two short stories I have on there, my thinnest book is Grief is the Thing with Feathers by Max Porter, apparently (thanks Goodreads!)
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
If we’re going on unread books, and I assume I am, The Fireman by Joe Hill at a whopping 768 pages. Although, having read both The Priory of the Orange Tree and Queen of Air and Darkness this year, this one seems a reasonable length.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I do not, and no. Although, I would love to be able to write.
12. When did you get into reading?
I’ve been a reader my whole life. I lost my way with reading a couple of times, once in my early teens and once after my son was born, but I always come back to books.
13. What is your favourite classic book?
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I first read it when I was seven and thought it would make me cool and I have loved it since.
14. In school what was your best subject?
English, History, and Psychology.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated… what would you do?
It would depend who gave it to me. There are a small number of people I would feel able to be honest with, after thanking them for the thought. Mostly, I would just say thank you and nothing else.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or The Hunger Games?
I don’t really like the idea of saying a series is similar to another as they rarely live up to the expectation. That said, an underrated dystopian series that came out during the hype of The Hunger Games is The Testing trilogy by Joelle Charbonneau
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
I do not vlog. If I did the bad habit would be talking (ha!) or fiddling with my hair whilst I talk.
18. What is your favourite word?
I’m not supposed to repeat it in polite company.
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
I do not know the nuances of these words. I always got called a swot at school, so whichever newfangled word means that.
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Vampires. They can make me immortal, and they’ve given me some of my favourite stories and films.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Shapeshifters. Angels are not a thing that have ever interested me.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves. Spirits would scare me all the time, werewolves are only an issue around a full moon.
23. Zombies or vampires? Why?
Vampires. I have already noted my reasons. Also, who is choosing zombies in this situation?
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Love triangle. I love a good love triangle story.
25. Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
There’s very little stabbing in a full on romance book, so action-packed for me.