1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
Char, Mrs B, Queen of Fire, Queen of Absolutely Nothing, Mother of Wolves… I actually quite like my name, but any of my nicknames are acceptable.
2. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
When I am thinking, bored, on the phone or in a meeting, I will doodle. Usually a pattern, but I also doodle eyes and flowers a lot.
3. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
Read on my Kindle app or scroll Pinterest. Neither of which is theoretically sleep inducing, but they work for me.
4. Do people consider you to be talkative or quiet?
I don’t know. I think it would depend on the context they see me in. I am a raging introvert, but my job is quite an extroverted one. I think people at work probably think I’m talkative, but people I don’t know so well will think I’m quiet. My friends and family probably think I’m a mix of both.
5. What makes you cry?
Nothing. I am a heartless bitch.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who don’t have basic manners. It’s not hard to say please and thank you. Also, people who are late to things and don’t apologise for it: your time is no more important than mine, thank you very much.
7. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
Usually when I go to the bathroom because the mirror is right over the sink and it’s huge so you can’t not look in it, unless you close your eyes. Also if I’m doing my hair or putting on make-up. And before I leave the house in case I look a dreadful mess.
8. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
It’s a toss up between genuinely believing I could get to Australia by digging deep enough in the garden, and thinking I would die if I slept with my feet out of the covers because actual monsters would get me.
9. What is the guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
I don’t really have guilty pleasures. I’m a big believer that if you enjoy something you shouldn’t feel guilty about it.
10. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
She’s not a blogger, but my real life friend Toria. She is always doing super lovely things for other people.
11. How often do you read the newspaper? Which sections?
Almost never. I do like the literature reviews and the puzzle pages though.
12. Which animal scares you the most?
Humans. Can I say humans? The damage humans are doing to the world with little regard for the planet, other animals or even the future of humanity is terrifying.
13. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage with it?
If it’s something that is directed at me, I’ll usually ignore it. If it directed at someone I care about, then buckle up because you’re about to feel my fury.
14. What is the most recent compliment you’ve received?
Sarah writing all those lovely things about me in her 30 questions tag.
15. What question are you tired of hearing?
Why don’t you have another? / When’s the next one coming? I am not having any more children. I do not want more. There will be no more. It’s been nearly 8 years since the last one. Get over it already.
16. What is the strangest thing you have eaten?
My sister used to make us tuna with scrambled eggs. So, definitely that.
17. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends?
A mix of both. I have a few very close friends and I have plenty of acquaintances that I would talk to in passing.
18. Do you have a catchphrase?
Set fire to his/her face.
19. What’s your all-time favourite town or city? Why?
It’s a village. Grasmere in the Lake District. It’s beautiful, it’s quiet, I have many happy memories there and it makes my little heart happy. I always feel very at peace there.
20. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
I wouldn’t change my name. Why would I? My name is awesome. If I HAD to, I would pick Iris, because I have always loved that name.
21. When was the last time you lied?
Question 5. So about 5 minutes ago? Of course I cry at things. I am a human. Sometimes my eyeballs leak. I just don’t want to tell you / ruin my badass image.
22. What’s something that amazes you?
Nature. There are so many things about the natural world that amaze me. I love to stand by the sea or on the top of a hill and marvel at the vastness of it.
23. Would you rather be the first person to explore a planet or be the inventor of a drug that cures a deadly disease?
A drug that cures a deadly disease. I’d rather stop people from suffering unnecessarily than discover a planet.
24. What is your favourite amateur activity?
Knitting or cooking.
25. What was your first thought when you got up this morning?
My first thought every morning is WHY IS THIS MORNING CRAP HAPPENING AGAIN?
26. What is your favourite song (at least at the moment)?
27. List someone you know and describe them in five words.
Sarah said some lovely things about me in her post, so I’m going to say five nice things about her in return (because five words is not enough). Sarah is: the nicest Slytherin I know, gives the best crime book recommendations, has the most brilliantly designed blog, is a brilliant friend, and always brightens my day with her messages.
28. You can select one person from history and have them truthfully answer one question. Who would you select and what would the question be?
I would go back to the first human man and ask him how on earth men ended up being the dominant sex. And also, why are men?
29. Which celebrity or artist do you resemble the most?
30. What do you want me to know?
I loved doing this tag. I’m not going to tag anyone specific because I think most people I would usually tag have done it, but if you feel like doing this, please link me to your post. I’m super nosy and love reading other people’s answers