This week’s Six for Sunday is continuing the school theme, and Steph is inviting us to share six schools we’d like to attend. This prompt is what my A level history teacher would have called a “thank you god question”. I’m not saying Steph is god, but I loved this prompt.
1. Hogwarts. I feel like for anyone who read Harry Potter during their formative years, this is the obvious choice of school to go to. I would love to study all things magical in the grounds of Hogwarts.
2. Lyra’s Jordan College. I just love Lyra’s world, okay? Also, I’d really like to get on with meeting my polar bear / wolf demon and showing all those male scholars that the women can be just as book-smart, if not more so.
3. St Aidan the Great Boarding School (from S.T.A.G.S). I would not want to be one of the Medivals, nor would I want to be one of the “new money” students they look down on, but I would love to be a background character at this school. The concept of it fascinates me, and there’s always some drama going down.
4. The Red Church (aka Mia Corvere’s assassin school). I am ready to begin my assasin apprenticeship now. Thank you for your consideration.
5. The Watcher’s Academy (from Slayer). I would never make it as a Slayer. I am not brave or athletic enough for that. I always loved the idea of being a Watcher though, so I would love to go to this school and learn how they make Giles’.
6. Tagis Praff School for the Magically Inclined (from The Paper Magician). I loved the paper magic in this book. I’d adore being able to make my own paper pupper, but I’d also be interested to see what other magics I could pick up at this school.
If you could attend any fictional school, which would it be and why?