It’s November now, so Steph has some colder themed prompts to see us into the winter, starting with this week’s: books with snow or ice in the title. This turned out to be a trickier list to pull together than I thought. Eventually, I came up with three books I have read and three that are on my TBR which fit this week’s criteria.
1. Stealing Snow by Danielle Page. This has been on my TBR for two years now. It’s a fantasy book with a girl in a high security mental hospital piecing together memories of her more magical real life. I’m no longer as sure about this as I was when I got it.
2. Snow by Orhan Pamuk. This is also on my TBR. I do not often read adult books, but I read and loved one by this author a while ago and then saw this in a book sale soon after. Orhan has a beautiful writing style and I look forward to reading this.
3. As White As Snow by Salla Simukka. I have no recollection of picking up this book, but it’s on my TBR and it sounds quite good really. It sounds a bit like The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo for YA readers. I am all here for this.
4. Snowglobe by Amy Wilson. I read this last Christmas, on Christmas Day after my son said he didn’t want to play with me. It is a beautiful book and probably my favourite of Amy’s so far.
5. A Shiver of Snow and Sky by Lisa Ludekke. I read this a while ago and loved it. It’s a very wintery book with some great characters. I have the sequel /companion book on my TBR and keep meaning to read that.
6. Prisoner of Ice and Snow by Ruth Lauren. Do I get bonus points for getting both words in one title? I read this a very long time ago, and I’ll be honest. I don’t remember a lot about it apart from the main character being brilliant.
What books would make your list? Have you read any of mine?