Today’s tag was stolen from my lovely friend Sarah’s blog. If you’re not already following Sarah, you really should be.
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How do you decide what to read next?
This is the story of my life. I find a friend who is willing to pick one for me, or I let S loose to choose one.
2. You’re halfway through a book, and you’re just not loving it; do you put it down or are you committed?
I put it down. I am a shameless DNFer of books I’m not enjoying. If I’m a bit meh about it, then I’ll give it 100 pages, or put it down whilst I try something new.
3. The end of the year is coming, and you’re behind on your reading challenge; do you try to catch up? And if so, how?
Sort my Goodreads list by page number and read the shortest ones first, or I read Middle Grade books from my list, which tend to be quicker reads than the adult or YA titles.
4. The covers of a series you love do not match, how do you cope?
It makes me cross, but I’ll live. If I have the option, I want them all matching though. I will buy a new edition of a book to get matching covers.
5. Everyone and their mother love a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
Steph. She doesn’t care if I love the same books as her or not, but we generally have very similar taste in books anyway, so it’s rare that she’d passionately love a book that I couldn’t get on with.
6. You’re reading a book in public, and you’re about to start crying; how do you deal?
This never happens. If I’m crying in public, either I’m at a funeral or someone just punched me. I’m not a crier. If I did feel an unprecedented book cry coming on, I’d go hide in the nearest toilets until it passed.
7. The sequel to a book you loved just came out but you’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to reread it?
Probably not. I’d probably read a few reviews of it and maybe a summary if there’s one available.
8. You do not want anyone to borrow your books. How do you politely say no when someone asks?
I don’t mind lending people my books. I’ve never felt the need to say no to anyone, but I guess I’d just say no.
9. You have picked up and put down five books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?
I read an old favourite. Or several old favourites.
10. There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read. How many do you end up buying?
All of them. Every single one. And probably a couple of extras too.
11. After you purchase all of these books that you’re dying to read, how long do they sit on your shelf before you read them?
Months. Some even years. Some I’ve had on my TBR since before I got married 10 years ago. Oops.
Have you done this tag? What’s the longest standing book on your TBR and how long has it been there?