Cosying up in front of a fire with a blanket, a book and a hot drink is my idea of absolute heaven. I’ll read just about any book in this situation, but Steph is only allowing us six, so I’m restraining myself. Here are six books from my TBR that I think would make perfect fireside reads this winter.
1. Shadows of Winterspell by Amy Wilson. All of Amy’s books are magical,and it’s become something of a tradition for me to read her books over winter. I think this one will be perfect to sit by the fire with over Christmas.
2. The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern. I have been looking forward to this for so long, and I can’t wait to read it. I’ve heard it’s a beautiful, magical book that will remind me why I fell in love with stories, so it’s perfect for this prompt.
3. And the Stars Were Burning Brightly by Danielle Jawando. I am so excited to get to read this book which I’ve been eagerly anticipating since YALC. Curling up by the fire to devour this seems like a great way to spend a couple of hours.
4. Wakenhyrst by Michelle Paver. Curled up under a blanket by a fire is the only way to read a gothic ghost story. Bonus points for surrounding yourself with candles and having a dog on hand to protect you from any scares.
5. Frostheart by Jamie Littler. Nothing calls out to be read by a fire more than a wintery adventure story in the furthest part of the known world. I’ve heard amazing things about this, so I hope to find time to cuddle up with it soon.
6. Notes on A Nervous Planet by Matt Haig. Winter isn’t a great time for anyone’s brains really is it? So it seems the perfect time of year to crack out Matt’s beautiful mental health book by a warm fire.
What books would you most want to read by the fireside?