This is week two of the new prompts from Steph all about characters, and we’re looking at characters we’d like to be stranded with. My brain is a strange place and this is a thing I think about a lot (who would be most useful to me in various situations like being stranded or needing to hide a body), so I had a good idea of who I wanted in my top six:
1. Utterly Thankless from Rumblestar by Abi Elphinstone. She is hilarious, she’s resourceful, and she has a pet dragon. This puts her instantly on the team.
2. Tilly from Pages and Co by Anna James. Tilly is no stranger to adventures and things going wrong. Also, whilst we’re working on a plan we could jump into some books for a change of scene.
3. Citra from Scythe series by Neal Schusterman. I think a scythe would be really handy when stranded. She could grand us immunity from death and strike down our enemies.
4. Sarah from Sanctuary by Vic James. Everyone needs a witch in their lives. Sarah is good at healing and potions, so she’d be helpful. Plus I’d just like someone fascinating to chat to whilst we whittle away the time.
5. Mia Corvere from the Nevernight Chronicles by Jay Kristoff. I love that murderous bitch. I imagine she’d be a big antsy if we were stranged for long, but she has a variety of deadly skills that could be useful.
6. Alva from Hold Back the Tide by Melinda Salisbury. I adore her. She is brave, she’s a good planner and she knows when it’s time to stop talking and start doing.
Which characters would you want with you if you were stranded? Do we have any in common?