1. If you could invite one author and one of their fictional characters to tea, who you invite and what you would you serve them?
Melinda Salisbury. I would love to be sitting down with Twylla, Sorrow, Alva, Irris, Luvian, Murren…look all the characters except Mr and Mrs Corrigan. I think I would serve a massive feast with all kinds of picky / nibbly bits, lots of vegan food and all of the cakes.
2. What Book do you wish the author would write a prequel for?
Oooh. This is a super hard one to answer. Maybe Sara Barnard’s Beautiful Broken Things. It would break my heart completely, but I think I would like to know more of Suzanne’s childhood.
3. Name two characters (NOT from the same book) do you think would make a good couple.
Ooh. So this came up in my Rip It Or Ship It Tag recently, and I’m going with Luvian Fen from the Sorrow books by Melinda Salisbury and Jin from Rebel of the Sands by alwyn Hamilton. These are my two favourite book boyfriends and I think they would be great together. The fact they are both in relationships with ladies I like is entirely irrelevant right now. Okay?
4. If you ran into your favorite author on the subway and could say only one sentence to them who is it and what would it be?
I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUU!
5. What book made you a reader and why?
So many, but I vividly recall reading a book called Mouse Cafe with my grandparents when I was little, and it was cuddling up in bed reading with them that inspired by love of books and reading. It was also an ex-library book my great Nana bought for me, and I lived for her bringing home second hand books from library sales.
6. Incendio! Your bookshelf just caught on fire. What one you book would you save?
This is fake news. My book shelf would not be on fire unless the rest of my house was. And it’s not organised enough for me to find one specific book I have read. If forced to pick, I would say my copy of Song of Sorrow with the slightly squiffy printed spine and brilliant message from Mel. I have a lot of signed books I’d be sad to lose, but ultimately I love the books for stories and if I needed another copy that badly I would buy one.
7. Which dystopian world would you want to live in if you had to choose one? Why?
I love dystopian worlds. I don’t know that I would want to live in any of them. Maybe Divergent world because I could live on the Amity farm and eat all of the drugged happy bread. Although. what happens to coeliacs in this situation? Do we get special gluten free happy bread? More research is going to be required before I commit to this life.
8. What is your most epic read of all time?
This is not a thing. There is not one epic read that is my favourite of all time. I refuse to choose one and you can’t make me so there.
Have you done this tag? Please let me know if you have. I am most intrigued to know which dystopian world you would choose to live in?