Another Sunday, another #SixforSunday bookish prompt from Steph at A Little But A Lot. This week it’s favourite first books in a series. This was so hard that I texted our host “Miss Elliott. This week’s home work is too hard. Please send help.” Reader, she lol’d. I have so many favourite series that I could easily make this Sixty for Sunday, but I’ve narrowed it down to the first six that came to mind:
1. Ink by Alice Broadway. I loved the idea of a world where your life was etched on your skin in tattoos from the opening pages. The ending to this book had me desperately needing book two.
2. State of Sorrow by Melinda Salisbury. Sorrow is my favourite. I love her, and how this story shows how important the family you find yourself are.
3. Nevernight by Jay Kristoff. Witty. Stabby. Hilarious. I love this series. The narrator in it is brilliant.
4. Rumblestar by Abi Elphinstone. No-one writes middle grade worlds like Abi. I loved this opener to the Unmapped Chronicles.
5. Viper by Bex Hogan. This book has pirates, and magic, and I love it. The sequel is also brilliant and I can’t wait to see where it goes next.
6. The Exact Opposite of Okay by Laura Steven. No book has had me sat laughing out loud like this one did. I love Laura’s books.
Which books would make it to your list of favourite first books in a series? Do we have any in common?