A new month, a new TBR, this time chosen by the lovely Lucinda from The Cliche Bookworm. Join me in coffee and see what she chose?
This week it’s another coffee from Pact roasters. The Kenyan Kiganjo has tasting notes of blackcurrant and lemon verbena, and tastes delightful.
1. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. This is one of the books I broke my first book buying ban with. I have read only two of the four books on that list. Feel free to judge me, I am
2. Loveless by Alice Oseman. I love Alice’s books so I got this on pre-order, and I’m pleased Lucinda picked it for me because Steph has been wanting me to read it for weeks now so we can talk.
3. The Fireman by Joe Hill. I am not surprised that this made the list, since Lucinda hand sold it to me at my first YALC with the words “it has fire”. Yes, this is another that’s been on my shelf for too long.
4. Queen of Coin and Whispers by Helen Corcoran. This was one of the first books I ordered at the start of lockdown and I’ve heard amazing things, so I excited to get to this.
5. Burn by Patrick Ness. It has dragons. The cover has fire on it. It’s already got two of my favourite things. This book sounds brilliant, and I can’t wait to dive in.
6. Camp by Lev A. C. Rosen. I only recently read Jack of Hearts by this author, and I loved it. This book takes on toxic masculinity at a queer camp. I’m in love with it already.
7. Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo. I have been really enjoying verse novels this year, and I loved Elizabeth’s earlier verse novel, The Poet X. I am really looking forward to this one.
Have you read any of the books on this list?