Happy New Year and here’s hoping this year is some improvement on the last one. I’ve been absent from blogging for a while for a bunch of reasons, but I’m hoping to get back to it more consistently this year.
To kick off the year, my lovely friend Sarah has chosen me an ambitious and exciting looking TBR. Here’s what she chose:
1. Challenger Deep by Neal Schusterman (not pictured as this is an ebook). I was approved to read this on Netgalley and I am excited – I really enjoyed the Scythe series.
2. The Midnight Hour by Benjamin Read and Laura Trinder. I’m pretty sure this is one Steph threw at me on a book shop trip. I have heard only good things.
3. The Last Wild by Piers Torday. I have heard only brilliant things about this book so I’m looking forward to seeing what all the excitement is about.
4. How to Make Friends with the Dark by Kathleen Glasgow. This is a book I rushed to get a copy of at a book event because I couldn’t wait to read it. And let’s just say it’s been a while since that happened.
5. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. Sarah said this is one that she really loved. I’ve wanted to read this for a while, so I’m pleased Sarah recommended it and added it to my list.
6. Secret of Birds and Bone by Kiran Millwood Hargrave. I adore Kiran’s writing. I have loved every book of hers that I have read and I am sure this one will be no exception.
7. Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi. I read the first in this series ages ago and absolutely loved it. I have no excuse for not having picked this up sooner. I am looking forward to it.
What books are you lining up for the start of the new year? Have you read any of the books on my list?