I can’t believe it’s the last Six for Sunday of February already and the last of Steph’s Books that made you FEEL prompts. I appear to have messed up by making last week’s books ones that made me cry, and there really aren’t many left, so this week I’m sharing the rest of the books that made me cry and some that almost made me cry (or get a little tear in my eye).
1. They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera – when I say I ugly cried at this, I truly mean it. I was on the verge of googling eye plumbers to stop the water pouring out of my face. It broke me that much.
2. Starfish by Akemi Dawn Bowman – This was more of a cry because I felt seen than a sad cry (if that makes sense). It was a book that came into my life at the moment I most needed it, and it still has a very special place in my heart.
3. The Lost Tide Warriors by Catherine Doyle – I absolutely teared up at that scene with Fionn and his grandfather in this book. I miss my grandad so much and that really touched a nerve.
4. Tess of the D’Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy – I almost never feature classics here, because I don’t read them now, but this book hurt my heart. Tess goes through so much and she really didn’t deserve that ending.
5. Against All Gods by Maz Evans – The whole thing with Elliott and his mum hurt me so, so much. I wanted to reach into the pages and cuddle little Elliott so much.
6. The Mercies by Kiran Millwood Hargrave – I think you’d have to have the very hardest of hearts not to tear up a little at a certain part of this book.
What would be on your list of books that made you cry, or almost cry?