Happy Sunday! I’m writing this later than usual because this has been A Week, but the sun in shining and I have only one more week before I’m on holiday (going nowhere, but not work), so onwards and upwards. This Sunday’s theme from Steph is Characters Who Deserve a Holiday, and oh my goodness, so many of the characters in the books I read deserve holidays! So here we go:
1. Bronn and Marianne from Vulture by Bex Hogan. Look, these kids have been through it. They have had such a rough time (my nerves are shot just reading about it), so they definitely deserve some time away together.
2. Red from The Girl in Red by Christina Henry. I don’t know how Red is going to get a holiday living in apocalypse land, but she very definitely deserves to have one. Somewhere that doesn’t involve camping.
3. Maverick from Concrete Rose by Angie Thomas. This guy just needs a break. I know he’s got good things coming his way in The Hate U Give, but he deserves a good holiday too.
4. Deka from The Gilded Ones by Namina Forna. Deka has been fighting in a war, grieving her mother and dying multiple horrific deaths. She definitely deserves a holiday away from it all.
5. Paige from The Mask Falling by Samantha Shannon. Paige needs a break. I don’t know where she can go that she’s not going to be hunted, but wherever it is, send her there immediately.
6. Agnes from The Once and Future Witches by Alix E Harrow. All the characters in this book need a bread, but I think Agnes most of all. Ideally somewhere that the men aren’t.
Which characters do you think deserve a holiday? Do you agree with any from my list?