It’s the second week of #SixforSunday does Rainbows Make the World Brighter, celebrating all books LGBTQIA+ for Pride month. Today we’re sharing LGBTQIA+ stories we’d recommend. I’m using this as a chance to shout out some books I absolutely loved but do not rave about nearly enough.
1. 19 Love Songs by David Levithan – this is a gorgeous collection of stories about love in all it’s different forms, including a return to the characters of Two Boys Kissing, which is a truly brilliant book and one you should read if you have not already.
2. Boy Queen by George Lester – if you haven’t read this one, stop reading this immediately and go grab a copy. George has written the most wonderful story about a boy who finds himself at a local drag show. I have so much love for this book. So much.
3. Other Words for Smoke by Sarah Maria Griffin – Mae is an adorable witchy cinnamon roll and she deserves all the love in the world. Unfortunately, she falls for Bevan who is all the things she does not need. Sarah’s writing is exquisite and this book still haunts me.
4. Monstrous Design by Kat Dunn – the first book in this series was excellent, this was next level. I couldn’t put it down. It has one of my favourite couple in any book I’ve ever read, and is a brilliant adventure. I can’t wait for the last book in this trilogy to be available.
5. The Red Scrolls of Magic by Cassandra Clare and Wesley Chu – It’s a Shadowhunter book where Magnus and Alec are the main focus of the story. They’re trying to have a romantic break but of course there are demons all over ruining that for them. It’s such a fun, brilliant read.
6. The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon – yes, this book is a beast, but it’s such a fabulous one. It has one of my favourite slow burn romances ever. I adore these characters and this world and I really hope there will be more from this world.
What are some of your LGBTQIA+ book recommendations?