Happy Sunday! Today is week three of #SixforSunday does Rainbows Make the World Brighter, celebrating all books LGBTQIA+ for Pride month. Today we’re sharing our favourite LGBTQIA+ characters. There are so many characters that I could choose for this and narrowing it down to six was hard, but I’ve tried to choose characters from books I haven’t already featured this month.
1. Olivia from The Paper and Hearts Society by Lucy Powrie – I love her. She’s adorable and a little geeky, she reminds me of a young version of myself but her friends are much cooler. I love that she sets up a book club so they can all live their best lives together.
2. Deena from All the Bad Apples by Moira Fowley Doyle – Oh sweet Deena. She goes through so much in this book. She never believed her sister was still alive, but I don’t think she quite expected things to turn out the way they did.
3. Griffin from History is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera – Griffin is one of my favourites. He is a mess in this book, of course he is, he’s grieving his boyfriend. His story swallowed me whole and hurt my heart.
4. Felix from The Love Hypothesis by Laura Steven – No character has every made me laugh as hard as Felix did. He is the best dad and the scene with the phallic vegetables is going to haunt me forever.
5. Xania from Queen of Coin and Whispers by Helen Corcoran – Xania and Lia are one of the most gorgeous slow burn romances, but I have a soft spot for Xania and her story.
6. Love is for Losers by Wibke Bruggeman – I love this book, the charity shop setting is brilliant, but it was Emma I loved most. She’s just the best.
Who are some of your favourite LGBTQIA+ characters?