It’s Sunday! And I’m back with my first #SixforSunday post in a while. This month, the ever fabulous Steph has dedicated #SixforSunday to celebrating diverse voices for Black History month (UK) and this week, we’re sharing our favourite black characters.
1. Briseis from This Poison Heart by Kalynn Bayron. I adored everything about this book, and Briseis is a fantastic character with amazing power. I was thrilled to hear that there will be more from her in future.
2. Castle Cranshaw (aka Ghost) from Ghost by Jason Reynolds. S and I read and absolutely loved this book. Ghost is a brilliant kid who is going through some rough times. I loved his development.
3. Maverick Carter from Concrete Rose by Angie Thomas. I loved Mav in The Hate U Give, but if possible, I loved him more in this prequel where he’s learning to be a good dad to his kids.
4. Deka from The Gilded Ones by Namina Forna. If you haven’t heard me rave about this book, you must be new here. Deka is amazing and I am desperate to get my hands on the next book in this series.
5. Claudia from Monday’s Not Coming by Tiffany D Jackson. Claudia broke my heart. She’s trying to find out what happened to her best friend whilst no-one else seems to care. A cracking read!
6. Archie Albright from Me, My Dad, and the End of the Rainbow by Benjamin Dean. Archie is the most adorable kid doing his best to make his dad proud. I love him so, so much.
Would any of these characters make your favourites list?