It’s a ThursTag on a Friday, which seems appropriate for this week where I have had no idea what day it is. Here is part two of the mammoth End of the Year Book Survey!
1. New favorite book blog/Bookstagram/Youtube channel you discovered in 2021?
I’ve not discovered much new this year because personal circumstances have overtaken my bookish life. Please recommend me some of your faves though because I would like to rectify this!
2. Favorite post you wrote in 2021?
This is a tough question but I really loved writing my review of Venom by Bex Hogan. It was gin-fuelled and I was raging.
3. Favorite bookish related photo you took in 2021?
This one of husband and I having a reading date in the garden even though it was probably too cold!
4. Best bookish event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, etc.)?
Can I say Viperthon readathon? Because definitely that. I loved creating and hosting this with some of my very best pals.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2021?
Having my name appear next to my best pal Steph’s in the acknowledgements of Dragon City by Katie and Kevin Tsang. Our friendship is immortalised in one of our favourite books.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
According to WordPress it’s this post, which I wrote in 2020 about the CAWPILE rating system I used for a while.
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Honestly, after the sporradic blogging this year I am grateful for any love I’ve had on my posts.
9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
2021 didn’t involve much in the way of new bookish discoveries for me. I did discover a new independent book shop in Edinburgh when visiting Sarah, but I cannot remember it’s name or where it is, so I would need her to take me back again!
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I just wrote a whole post about this, so I will link this here and just add that I am very pleased with my TBR reduction over the last 12 months.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2021 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2022?
One of the first books up on my TBR this year is Witches Steeped in Gold by Ciannon Smart which I was super hyped for and still didn’t read.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2022 (non-debut)?
Her Majesty’s Royal Coven by Juno Dawson. I adore Juno and her work. I also have a friend who read this and has bene utterly broken by it, so I cannot wait.
3. 2022 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Clockwork Magpies by Emma Whitehall. I know the author, she is lovely and I have been promised great shenanigans from her debut.
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2022?
This Wicked Fate by Kalynn Bayron. No question. I was blown away by This Poison Heart and can’t wait to dive back into this world.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2022?
Honestly, just make it to the end of the year having enjoyed some great books and still enjoying blogging.
6. A 2022 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone (if applicable)
Twin Crowns by Catherine Doyle and Katherine Webber. This book is everything you would expect from two of the best authors. I can’t wait for it to be out in the world.
At some point soon, I will stop sharing wrap ups of last year and start living in this one. For now, that’s the second part of the mammoth tag. What books are you most anticipating in 2022?
A reading date in the garden sounds EXCELLENT! I usually take a book out when we have a burn but end up staring into the fire instead.
Cora | https://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/
LikeLiked by 1 person