Today I’m re-doing the New Year tag I did in 2021. I like to look back on this, the mid-year tag and the end of the year wrap up ones and see how my answers change year by year.
How many books are you planning to read in 2022?
This year, I’ve set my target at 150. Last year, I read 165 so 150 feels achievable. I have also set a 50,000 page target. I don’t pressure on myself to hit this target, I will just read as much as I can and want to.
Name 5 books you wanted to read in 2021 that you will prioritise in 2022.
Looking back at last year’s list was embarrassing as there are still two books on there that I haven’t read despite saying I would prioritise them this year. This year my top five I want to read are:
- How to Kill Your Family by Bella Mackie
- Redemptor by Jordan Ifueko
- Midnight in Everwood by M. A. Kuzinar
- Iron Widow by Xiran Jay Zhao
- Hurricane Child by Kacen Callendar
Name 5 2022 releases you are highly anticipating.
There are so many. So five of the many I am excited for:
- Her Majesty’s Royal Coven by Juno Dawson
- Clockwork Magpies by Emma Whitehall
- The Secrets of the Stormforest by L. D. Lapinski
- The Merciless Ones by Namina Forna
- This Wicked Fate by Kaylnn Bayron
What genre would you like to read more of?
There aren’t any specific genres I want to read more of. I just want to prioritise reading things that I enjoy, whatever the genre.
What book has forever been on your shelf that you will read in 2022?
All the books. Every single one of them. I’m going to say The Everlasting Rose by Dhonielle Clayton because I am obsessed with this world and I really have no excuse for not having read it sooner.
Set 3 non-bookish goals for 2022
Non-bookish goals are so much harder than regular goals! I’m not a big person for setting new year goals or resolutions, but three things that are not bookish that I want to achieve this year are:
- Run a 10k – Given that I can’t run a full 5k without walking breaks, this is a big one. But I am working on improving my fitness, and I have signed up to run a 10k with my best pal in October. So that’s a goal to work towards.
- Prioritise my mental health – 2021 was a shitshow for me in a lot of ways and I am determined to prioritise my own mental health this year. I have to look after myself too.
- Spend more time in nature– This is similar to one of my 2021 goals, but I haven’t done as much of it as I might like. This year, I have Melinda Salisbury’s The Way Back Almanac to guide me back to spending time in nature and I am very excited.
Have you done this tag? Share your links with me if you have? What non-bookish goals are you setting yourself this year?