Another Sunday, another #SixforSunday! Today is our hostess Steph ‘s birthday and she’s asked us to share our 2022 bookish resolutions.
1. 150 books and 50,000 pages. That’s my Storygraph goal for 2022. In 2021, I read 165 books and 55,949 pages, so this feels like it will be achievable and also push me to make time for reading.
2. One re-read every month. I used to be a huge re-reader until I re-discovered the joy of YA and MG books. I want to make time to re-read some favourites so I’m dedicating one reading spot a month to re-reading a book I loved.
3. Clear my backlist. Yes, this is a BIG one. I ended 2021 with 53 books on my TBR and I want to read every one of those in 2022. I’m not stopping myself buying new books. I will never be a girl with a zero TBR, but I want to get those books off my shelf.
4. Read one book every month just because I want to. I have a TBR jar again this year, but with the book titles rather than prompts. I’m choosing six from the jar, my re-read, my bookclub book, and then one book I just want to read each month to build my monthly TBR.
5. A Spell in the Wild and The Way Back Almanac chapters. I adore these books by Alice Tarbuck and Melinda Salisbury about our relationship with nature, so each month I am going to read the corresponding monthly chapter in each of these books so I can appreciate them at the right time.
6. The Way Back Book Club. Each month I will be reading Melinda Salisbury’s Way Back Book Club pick for the month. I’ve been reading January’s with Cora and I am really enjoying buddy reading them so I hope we can continue that.
Have you set any reading or bookish goals for 2022?